Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Maybelline "On The Runway" Fall 2013 Collection: Limited Edition - PIC & SWATCH Heavy

Left to Right: 1000 Lavender Voltage, 990 Fuchsia Fierce, 295 Purple Royale, 305 Raspberry Ablaze, 
315 Chocolate Lust, 310 Berry Brilliance 

Hey! Today I'm here with a haul of the limited edition Maybelline "On the Runway" Fall 2013 collection that I purchased a few weeks ago.  These items are showing up in Walmarts now and they are also available in Walgreens (where I purchased mine), CVS, and Rite Aid so check your local stores if you are interested in anything you see in this post. 

I picked up 6 items from the entire collection including 2 lipsticks and 4 of the glosses which you will see below.  At the end of this post, I've included a list of items that I did NOT purchase but are available for purchase. 

These are between $7-$8 at Walgreens, CVS, and Rite Aid so I assume they'll be a least a dollar cheaper at Walmart. I snagged these on a BOGO50% off sale, plus (6) $1 off 1 Maybelline product coupons; the cashier had the $1 off coupons behind the register at Walgreens so I'd ask the cashier if you plan on purchasing these from Walgreens. Walmart usually doesn't offer BOGO sales for cosmetics.

Okay now that the important info is stated, here are the pictures and swatches...




Lavender Voltage (above) in natural light with flash - the color is accurate.

It's a blue-toned electric purple with a finish that I would compare to MAC's creamsheens (creamy & shiny). 
This is my FAVORITE from the entire collection and I love it because it's a true purple shade, not a pinky-purple.





Fuschia Fierce (above) in natural light with flash - the color is accurate.

It's a cool-toned neon pink with a creamy finish. In all honesty, it's not a unique color but I didn't own a similar pink lippie and they were BOGO50% so I went for it. I love it with my complexion!

These 2 lipstick shades were my first lippies from Maybelline's Color Sensational line and I am pleasantly surprised. My favorite finish for lippies are matte because they are long-wearing, they stay in place, look neat (clean) on the lips, and are sexy, in my opinion. Creamier/Shinier finishes can bleed to areas around the lip/mouth and onto teeth, which I find to be a pain.

With that being said, these apply comfortably, with full opacity in about 2 swipes. They feel moisturizing on the lips and they have a high sheen.


Left to Right: 295 Purple Royale, 305 Raspberry Ablaze,
315 Chocolate Lust, 310 Berry Brilliance





I was most excited about Purple Royale, and it was the shade that disappointed me the most.  In the swatches below, you'll see why; it applies too blotchy and it's way more sheer than it looks in the tube.

These glosses do live up to their "High Shine" name.  They are a bit heavy on the lips, meaning they don't feel lightweight, at all!

I would use these glosses to top off matching lipstick shades, but not alone.

Left to Right: 1000 Lavender Voltage, 990 Fuchsia Fierce, 295 Purple Royale, 
305 Raspberry Ablaze, 315 Chocolate Lust, 310 Berry Brilliance



***For Reference, I am an NC50 in MAC's Studio Fix Fluid foundation and a 7.5 in MAC's Matchmaster foundation.


Items I did not purchase from the collection and do not own:
  • 2 Color Sensational Lipsticks: Violet Intrigue (pinker toned purple) Midnight Plum (blackened purple)
  • 2 Color Sensational High Shine Lip Glosses: Flash of Pink (pale pink) Lavender Lavish (light lavender)
  • 4 Master Drama Smokey Eyeliner Pencils
  • 4 Eye Studio Color Plush Silk Eyeshadow Quads (4 colors per palette)
  • 10 Color Show "Vintage leather" Matte Nail Polishes (which are supposed to mimic the look of distressed leather)

Will you be grabbing anything from this collection? Let me know in the comments below and thanks so much for reading!





No comments:

Post a Comment